Monday, June 6, 2011

Would love a venti non-fat double caff job!!!!

So i lost my job in April.  My husband has been out of work for over 2 years and we are essentially in dire straits.  I am applying for jobs in my chosen profession, for positions that are under my pay grade (since benefits are more important to me right now than money) and have even tried to get in with Trader Joes and Starbucks...and though I have gotten a few interviews for professional gigs (though nothing past a second interview) I am getting NOTHING from Starbucks, Target, Trader Joe's, etc....and the stores I see in my neighborhood and on my travels all have help wanted or "start your career here today" signs.  When I have inquired I am directed to the website...and that has not worked out for me.

I want to scream!  Honestly, I would LOVE to work at Starbucks especially.  I enjoy their customer service model and think that working as a barista and actually understanding the needs/wants of the customers would be a great experience...plus Starbucks is a true leader in their industry, their product is entirely consumable and the concept intrigues this consummate customer service and psychology buff :)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a foot in the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment